Monday, December 31, 2012

Blogging Every Day in 2013

Note that I am not committing to doing this, blogging every day in 2013. I may decide to give the idea of trying a go, though, and see what that is like. It may turn into a wonderful and much beloved habit rather than just another daily task, who knows?

I just read a post by Elizabeth Esther, where she contemplates but doesn't commit to this very idea, and I started to feel all inspired and my fingers began itching to type.

I definitely don't have time to create an art journal blog post every day, mostly because the way I like to art journal, at least currently, is a bit on the intense and time consuming side, with tons of layers (many of which don't make it to being seen on the finished product) and lots of journaling, even if most of it is covered up by paint. That's my process, yo. And I love it, but it's not something I have the time or creative energy for more than 2-3 times a week.

So, if I blogged every day I'd have to embrace more variety in my posts, or perhaps develop more of a spontaneous, off the top of my head, here is what I'm thinking about today style. That is somewhat appealing. In my real life, especially lately, I can be a bit reserved and withdrawn believe it or not. Blogging authentically is in part an attempt at changing this side of my personality, so I can connect with people better. I am hoping for a trickle down effect.

So if I forced myself to blog every day. . . hmm. It bears thinking about. It's doable. A blog post does not have to take more than ten minutes or so to write (although I have spent much longer on some of the more soul searching ones).

Stay tuned. Incidentally, I do have some art journal pages to share that I've done but have not photographed or written up posts for yet. Maybe that will be tomorrow's offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment